Sabwaadee! (I'm sure I spelled that wrong!) How is everybody? I hope you all had a good week ours was so good #kfc!
We had so many miracles this week! We met a new family! They are from...... the Philippines!!! (you would have never guessed!) They are AMAZING!! The dad just had brain surgery to remove a cyst last Monday! He has a crazy scar! He is doing good now! Everything went right!! He used to live near missionaries back in the Philippines but never learned from them. The mum lived in Salt Lake City for almost 2 years!! She doesn't know a whole lot about the church though! We talked about how much we love Snowbird for like 15 minutes! haha! Talk about prepared!! They are so lovely! They are a referral from the ward and so golden!! We can't wait to get to know them better!!
Basically that is the greatest thing ever and there isn't a whole lot else to say. Its still raining every day! We had follow-up training this week so we got to see Sister Caesar!! Yay! It was really good! As a mission we have been trying to strengthen our faith!! Faith brings miracles!! I can testify of that!! It comes from doing the small things like following promptings! I'm so grateful for this gospel! I love it so much!! I love all of you! Have a great week!!
Sister Penrod x
G'day Everyone! This week has been AAWWEESOOOMMMEEE! Ahhh! WE have had sooo many miracles!! Let me tell you!
1.Latu and Logan are getting baptized!!! Ahhhhh The third week in September!! Yess! I'm so excited for them!! I'm so happy!
2. We met our golden new investigator Sophia! We met her tracting! She is amazing!! It was really neat we knocked on her door and she told us to come back later, we thought she wasn't super interested but we went back later and she had gone and bought us snacks and everything! We were able to teach her the restoration and talk about the Book of Mormon with her! The spirit was sooo strong! I have never felt it like that before in a lesson! She kept telling us, You two are an answer to my prayers!! YAY!
3. We also found another new investigator, Nolene! she is 82, she is anglo-burmese and has some crazy stories about growing up in Burma during WW2! She is lovely! She told us when we left that we were her daughters now! I love her!
We had such a great week! I'm so grateful for the spirit guiding us to where we need to go! I love my mission I love all of you!! I hope you have a great week!
Sister Penrod xxxx
I hope yous all had an awesome week! Ours was pretty good! We had a lot of fun this week!
1. I have the best companion! I love Sister Lehartel we are laughing all of the time! She is sooo funny!
2. We had heaps of miracles! Every small miracle counts! That is what makes the work so fun! We were tracting this one street that was particularly nasty. Every door was rude! We did about 10 or 12 and were feeling pretty down when we went up to this one door and this girl came out and said she would love to learn more about God! #prayersanswered! Those little experiences are the things that make the biggest difference!
3. We had an awesome zone conference with President Fife! He talked all about how we can better teach repentance! It was so good!
4. We got to spend a lot of time with Latu this week! I love her and her boys! Oh my goodness!
5. My French for the week: SpongeBob's name in French... Bob l'eponge.... and Squidward is Carlos..
6. We had a relief society activity Thornlie vs. Jandakot ward... It was pretty intense I'm so proud to say that Thornlie Smashed it in basketball! And we found out you can play basketball in skirts! haha!
7. I love this gospel! I know it's true with all of my heart! I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve here in Perth Australia! I know that this is where I am supposed to be! I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!
I Love you!
Sister Penrod xxxxx
Bonjour! mon nom est soeur Penrod! comment-alle vous? Fancy eh?
My new companion is.... Sister Lehartel (Leu- arrrr-tell) (I'm still working on it!) From the beautiful island of Tahiti! She is AMAZING! I just love her so much! For so many reasons:
1. She is learning English, she speaks French and everything she says sounds sooo beautiful!
2. Even though we speak different languages we just get each other it is so good!
3. She can dance! Ay and she is teaching me how! yes!
4. She has such a powerful testimony!! It is amazing! Every time she talks the spirit is soo strong!
5. She is my first companion that is taller than me!
6. The list could go on and on and on but basically I love Sister Lehartel!!
We had a really good week we did a lot of tracting! Sister Lehartel is such a good sport! She kept going even though she couldn't understand anyone! We were able to find some awesome potentials! Latu is doing soo great! I love her so much! Hopefully she will be baptized soon! I'm so grateful for this ward they are seriously so amazing!! We are so blessed! I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve!
This week we have been studying the worth of souls! I have such a strong testimony of Heavenly Father's love for all of his children!! I'm so grateful that I know the true nature of our Heavenly Father that he loves us more than we can comprehend!
I hope you all have an amazing week! I love you all!
Soeur Penrod xxx
I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of me and Sister Lehartel! I will send them next week! :)
Has been called to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Perth, Australia. She reports to the Provo, Utah MTC September 23!