SISTER LAO IS LEAVING ME!!!!! I am sooo sad! I’m going to miss her so much! I really do love her sooo much she is the big sister I never had! She is going all of the way to North Coast and her companion is going to be Sister Drew!! That lucky duck!:( I am staying here in Thornlie and I am training! What the heck?! I’m soo nervous! I don’t meet my new companion until Thursday! Aye! I am going to miss Sister Lao so much! This ward is going to miss her so much! I can’t believe we served together for almost 7 months!! I love that girl!
Well even though this week was pretty sad it was also pretty awesome! Some awesome things that happened this week!
I turned 20! Ahhhhh! Sister Lao made my birthday sooooo goood! It was the BEST DAY EVER! I am so blessed! I am so grateful for Sister Lao and this ward!
I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve a mission! I know that Heavenly Father knows us and knows what we need and when we need it! I know he knew that I needed Sister Lao as my companion, I have learned so much from her. We have had hard times, sad times, funny times, and the best times! We were just what each other needed! We’ve both changed so much over the past 7 months! I am so grateful for the knowledge we have about the nature of God! That he truly is our loving Heavenly Father that he truly wants us to be happy, and to become the best people we can be! I hope you all have an amazing week! Pray for my new companion ;) I love you all!
Sister Penrod xx
1. Sister Julie made Sister Lao and I matching tshirts that say "eternal companions 2016" of course we transferred the next day!
2. You know those virtual reality things? We had so much fun with this one! It is so neat!
3. Sister Lao was sooooo funny!! haha!
4. This is an old picture of me and my mate Babe... jokes... but this was so yummy!
KUMUSTA! I hope you all had a good week!! WE HAD THE BEST WEEK EVER! Basically;) It was awesome seriously it was the week of miracles!! Let me tell you! Here are some of the awesome things about this week!
1. We haven't been able to see one of our investigators for a few weeks... we thought she was avoiding us but she showed up to church randomly after 5 weeks!!! Miracle!! I'm sooo happy!
2. This 15 year old girl who isn't a member randomly came to church!!! She just moved from
Sydney and went to church a bit out there! She said she wants to keep coming!! Ahhhhhh YES!
3. The Elders had 2 random Asians walk into church and ask to be shown around! Things are really picking up here in WA!
4. We have gotten so many referrals from members this week!!!! Ahhhhh! They are two Filipino families and they are pretty keen to learn!!
5. Tracting works!! We found heaps of potentials this week!
6. I have the best companion ever! I LOVE SISTER LAO!
7. So all the Filipino families in the ward surprised me yesterday with an early birthday party!! I'm soooo lucky!!! I love them all soooo much!!! We had a budol fight if you don't know what that is google it because it is basically the greatest thing ever!!! Basically there is heaps and heaps of food (chicken, prawns, squids, rice, fish, eggplants....just to name a few) and they pour it all out on the table and you eat it with your hands and its pretty much heaven! haha! Best party ever!! Best food ever! BEST PEOPLE EVER!!
8. I got the coolest presents EVER! One is a t-shirt with my face on it! And the other is a chocolate sculpture of my face!! Legit! I kind of sort of love them! I'm so grateful for the people in this ward!! They are the best!! ahhhh!
So yes... This week was basically the greatest! I'm so grateful for this ward and for this opportunity to serve here in Thornlie!!! I love the people here! I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary! I love this work! I love my Saviour Jesus Christ! I love you all have a great week!!!
Sister Penrod xxxxxxx
Xi chao everyone!! The language of the week is... Vietnamese! This week has been really great.. well actually it's been two.. .sorry mum! We had so much fun and so many miracles this week! I can't even count them all! Or remember them all! It was awesome though!
Some highlights of this week:
1. We found some golden new investigators from Vietnam and Indonesia! Yay Tracting!
2. FOOD OF THE WEEK : Dinuguan, it's like this black soup made from pigs blood and entrails!
Sounds nasty but it is YUM!!
3. Sister Lao experienced her first hail storm. (She thought it was snow... it isn't.)
4. We started teaching a couple from Malaysia! Lan and Pow! They are sooo funny!! :)
5. We had some cool spiritual experiences with our mini missionaries! They have amazing testimonies! We got them home in one piece!!
6. We got to go to the temple today!!! Yay!! And I got to see Sister Drew and Sister Caesar!! Yay!
7. I got 39 mozzie bites in less then one hour last week! God Bless Western Australia!
8. In honour of the 4th of July I taught an Aussie and a Filipino how to make smores! We found graham crackers at an Asian shop #miracle.
9. We have seen some incredible changes here in Thornlie ward! When I first got here I was pretty down about how the members treated missionary work.. .there was only a few who would actually help us... everyone else just seemed to ignore us! But now we have members asking to go out with us! Planning activities for non-members! Introducing us to their non-member friends!! I love this ward!! I promise you that miracles really do happen!!!
10. We got to go to the temple!! Yay!
I love you all so much!! I hope you have an amazing week!!!
Love, Sister Penrod xxx
Hi Everyone!! This week has been AWESOME!! For a lot of reasons but mostly because we have MINI MISSIONARIES!! Yay! For all of you who don't know what that is, mini missionaries are youth or ysa aged 16-20 who get to be a missionary for 5 days! They get assigned a full-time missionary companion and live as a missionary!! It is soo fun!! Sister Lao and I both have mini-missionaries!
My mini-missionary companion is Sister Tamane! She is AMAZING! Like soooo amazing!! She is from Bunbury which is about 2 1/2 hours South of Perth. And guess what?!
Sister Tamane only got baptized 2 weeks ago!!!!!! She is literally AMAZING!!
I am sooo blessed to have her as my companion! I've already learned Sooo much from her!! She has an amazing spirit about her and her testimony is sooo strong!! She is such a good sport and she is so brave too! She bore her testimony in sacrament meeting for the first time and she spoke in front of all of the Priesthood as well! We've done a lot of tracting the past couple of days! You would think she'd been out on her mission for 6 months not only baptized 2 weeks ago!!
I hope you all have an amazing week! Do something that scares you! Remember Sister Tamane and get out of your comfort zone this week! Talk to someone new! Make a new friend!! Be amazing!!
I love you all so much!!
Sister Penrod xxx
Has been called to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Perth, Australia. She reports to the Provo, Utah MTC September 23!