Xi chao everyone!! The language of the week is... Vietnamese! This week has been really great.. well actually it's been two.. .sorry mum! We had so much fun and so many miracles this week! I can't even count them all! Or remember them all! It was awesome though!
Some highlights of this week:
1. We found some golden new investigators from Vietnam and Indonesia! Yay Tracting!
2. FOOD OF THE WEEK : Dinuguan, it's like this black soup made from pigs blood and entrails!
Sounds nasty but it is YUM!!
3. Sister Lao experienced her first hail storm. (She thought it was snow... it isn't.)
4. We started teaching a couple from Malaysia! Lan and Pow! They are sooo funny!! :)
5. We had some cool spiritual experiences with our mini missionaries! They have amazing testimonies! We got them home in one piece!!
6. We got to go to the temple today!!! Yay!! And I got to see Sister Drew and Sister Caesar!! Yay!
7. I got 39 mozzie bites in less then one hour last week! God Bless Western Australia!
8. In honour of the 4th of July I taught an Aussie and a Filipino how to make smores! We found graham crackers at an Asian shop #miracle.
9. We have seen some incredible changes here in Thornlie ward! When I first got here I was pretty down about how the members treated missionary work.. .there was only a few who would actually help us... everyone else just seemed to ignore us! But now we have members asking to go out with us! Planning activities for non-members! Introducing us to their non-member friends!! I love this ward!! I promise you that miracles really do happen!!!
10. We got to go to the temple!! Yay!
I love you all so much!! I hope you have an amazing week!!!
Love, Sister Penrod xxx
Has been called to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Perth, Australia. She reports to the Provo, Utah MTC September 23!