G'day everyone Ive been wanting to tell you all about the weird things in Australia so this is going to be a really dumb just Australia email are you ready throughout the week Im like I want to tell them this but then I forget! So here goes:
1. There are flies everywhere I mean everywhere!
2. Food is SOOOO expensive It is crazy!!
3. McDonalds or Maccas as they call it here is really fancy, like they bring your burger out on a fancy wood plate and stuff and the resturaunt is super posh it is expensive!
4. There are parrots everywhere flying around kind of cool.
5. Kookaburras are super weird they sound like crazy monkeys.
6. Australians aren't super friendly and they don't like americans like everyone says they do. They are always like no offense bash bash bash americans no offense but americans blahblahblah are so stupid blahblah blah are so obese blahblah. haha its actually kind of funny.
7. Australians are also super blunt they tell you like it is, at first it was sort of shocking but I've gotten used to it. Kiwi's especially Maori people are a lot more friendly and easier to get to know!
8. American Peanut butter is far superior to Australian Peanut Butter.
9. It isn't humid here at all, It is super dry it feels a lot like Utah which is suprising because we live on the beach!
10.Magpies here are evil, we are going into summer which is beside from being apparently unbearably hot as I've been told is also "swooping season" These birds are pretty good size and will swoop you and claw/beak your head. I haven't been swooped yet but a lot of members have already been swooped this summer. Its sort of scary.
11. There are spiders everywhere not all poisonous, I saw my first poisonous spider a few days ago it was in a manhole I had earlier stuck my arm in to fill up the baptisimal font. the ward mission leader told me afterwards that I could have died.. yeah whatever I guess it was a redback I have no idea what that is. but yeah anyways you have to dust outside because these spiders make cobwebs on everything and if you don't do it everycouple of days your house will turn into a giant cobweb. cool eh?
12. My new favourite (they auto correct to this weird spelling) Aussie phrase is "Good on ya" Sister Young says it all the time! haha! I means good job I think.
13. One of my new favourite food is Chop Suey Its islander and sooooooooooooooooo good!
14. Some swear words in America aren't swear words here so it is really funny because my companion says them all of the time and members say them over the pulpit it is funny!
Has been called to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Perth, Australia. She reports to the Provo, Utah MTC September 23!